MEC ANNUAL MEETING - APRIL 11, 2019
Over 2,100 Attend MEC's 70th Annual Meeting
Over 2,100 leaders celebrated MEC's 70th Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 11 at the Jackson Convention Complex.
In addition to exciting morning sessions, MEC honored 342 STAR Students at the Education Celebration, held in conjunction with MEC's Annual Meeting.
2018-2019 MEC Chair Dan Rollins, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of BancorpSouth, passed his chairmanship on to 2019-2020 MEC Chair Lex Taylor, Chairman of the Board & President of The Taylor Group of Companies, Inc.
Special Thanks to Our MEC Morning Panel Participants
Media Perspective on the 2019 Mississippi Election
- Sam Hall - Executive Editor of The Clarion Ledger
- Alan Lange - Founder and Editor of Y'all Politics
- Marshall Ramsey - Editor-at-Large, Mississippi Today
Moderator: Byron Brown - News Anchor at WJTV
Connecting Businesses to Workforce Excellence
Apprenticeships, Internships, and Essential Skills
- Rusty Anderson - Director of Career Services, USM
- Melissa Robbins - Human Resources Consultant, Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Co.
- Jonathan Woodward - Executive Vice President, Teaching & Learning/Community Campus, MS Gulf Coast Community College
- Ruth Montana - Director of Human Resources, Keesler Federal Credit Union
- Tonya Neely - Business & Economic Development Coordinator, Institutions of Higher Learning
- Sandy Crist - Director of Adult Education, Mississippi Community College Board
Moderator - Cathy Northington - COO, Mississippi Economic Council